I am very excited to begin my second year as Stanford Cap and Gown Alumnae president. I have learned so much in leading this wonderful organization which recognizes women leaders at Stanford from all generations. We continue to focus on our purpose of recognizing and bringing together women leaders who have been constructively active in student affairs and the community and undertaking projects which support and enhance the opportunities for Stanford women students.
We have already gotten off to a great start. We conducted a visioning session in early September which led to the following four guiding principles:
- We will focus on events/activities that are unique to Cap and Gown. What makes us unique can be summarized as follows: Cross-generational relationships, Stanford, Women, Leadership and Tradition
- We will focus on high quality events
- We will focus on activities, events and communications that cross generations and create a sense of community
- We will focus on reaching out to Cap and Gown alumnae globally
Key Goals for 2012:
- Strengthening our communication with alumnae and actives utilizing multiple communication vehicles including social media
- Engaging our remote alumnae by piloting a program with active Cap and Gown alumnae organizing one local event in the next year
- Foster ongoing relationships with university officials to leverage university resources and increase recognition on campus
- Continue to improve upon our four major events – Tapping Tea, Winter Welcome, Spring Luncheon, and Graduation Tea
We would like to thank several amazing women for their service to the Cap and Gown Alumnae Board. X, Y and Z left the board this year to pursue other interests. We hope to continue to see them at Cap and Gown events. We are also fortunate to have several new Board members: Frances Wehrwein, Georgia X, Y, Z: see the new (and continuing) Board members and their class years on page XX. We have already had our first board meeting of the year and had active participation from new, returning and remote Board members.
Stanford Cap and Gown continues to honor and build women’s leadership at Stanford. I hope you will join us this year as we continue in Cap and Gown’s unique purpose to serve as a bond between the classes past and present. Please contact me at Kathy.firstname.lastname@example.org with your thoughts and ideas on our goals for 2012 and how to strengthen our Cap and Gown community. I hope to see you at the Cap and Gown events this year!